- This policy covers how Gearing Capital Partners treats personal information that Gearing Capital Partners collects and receives, including information related to past use of Gearing Capital Partners services. Personal information is information about our customers that is personally identifiable like names, addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Gearing Capital Partners does not own or control, or to people that Gearing Capital Partners does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Gearing Capital Partners collects personal information when you become a customer for web design, SEO or hosting services. Gearing Capital Partners may combine information about our customers that we have with information we may obtain from business partners or other companies.
- We ask customers for information such as name, email address, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal account preferences.
- Gearing Capital Partners collects information about customer business transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about bank accounts and merchant services accounts.
- Gearing Capital Partners uses information on customers to provide better customer service and to fulfill requests and requirements for website design and development projects.
- Gearing Capital Partners does not contract with or provide services to children under age 13 without parental knowledge and consent.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Gearing Capital Partners does not rent, sell, or share personal information about our customers with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services requested, when we have permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Gearing Capital Partners under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use customer information to help Gearing Capital Partners communicate with or provide requested services to our customers. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We do not share information of customers who are children under age 13 without parental consent.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Gearing Capital Partners works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. We provide information on these partners regarding providers of products or services that any customer may request.
- Gearing Capital Partners designed and developed websites may set and access cookies on user’s computers.
Customer Ability to Edit and Delete Account Information and Preferences
- Customers can generally edit their website Content Management System Account Information, and contact information at any time.
- Gearing Capital Partners reserves the right to send customers communications relating to Gearing Capital Partners services, such as service announcements, administrative messages that are considered part of a customer’s service account, without offering the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Gearing Capital Partners customers may not delete their website design, development or hosting accounts or projects without first contacting Gearing Capital Partners through any of our published contact methods.
- Gearing Capital Partners does not grant children access to manage accounts without parental permission and controls.
- Parents may choose to add, edit or delete their children’s account using their master administrative access under their domain or web hosting account services.
Confidentiality and Security
- Gearing Capital Partners limits access to personal information about customers to our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services that have been contracted for.
- Gearing Capital Partners may update this policy. We will notify customers about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in our customer account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions